Saturday, October 15, 2011

Children's Wall Decor

I made this for my two year old neighbor's birthday
and it happened to fit the theme for
Fantabulous Cricut challenge #81 – Décor and More



This was my first attempt at decoupage.
I used a 12x12 canvas and painted it first with acrylic paint.
I used the Home Decor, Mother's Day bouquet, Flower Shoppe and Kate's ABCs cartridges.

I layered the background paper, name and frame and sealed them with several coats of Mod Podge.
I used a foam brush and coated the flowers as well.
When everything was dried I added a touch of bling.





Thanks for looking

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty wall hanging! You used pretty Cricut cuts--love the flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the pinks and greens you used and of course, I love the bling and flowers!
    Thanks for playing along in our home decor challenge this week at FCCB!
    Sabrina
    http://scrappinwithsabrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so pretty - and just perfect for the a little girl. The colour combination is fabulous - and the little flowers are such a wonderful touch!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete